The 2019 Kai Iwi Lakes Triathlon based at Kai Iwi Lakes features a choice of two distances, options for a team and an event for the kids. The start, finish and transition areas are all based at Pine Beach where there is camping available so you can really make a weekend of it.
Short Course or Long Course?
- Adults Long Course – Swim 700m or Kayak 1.5km, Cycle 20km, Run 8.5km
- Adults Short Course – Swim 350m, Cycle 9km, Run 3.5km
- Kids Individual Course – Swim 7 years 50m & 8-15 years 100m, Cycle 4km, Run 1km
- Kids Junior Team Course (7yrs – 10yrs) – Swim 100m, Cycle 4km, Run 1km
- Kids Senior Team Course (11yrs – 15yrs) – Swim 100m, Cycle 4km, Run 1km
Have you ever wanted to try a triathlon (no pun intended) but just don’t think you’re up to it?
Have you thought to yourself “oh man I reckon I could smash the bike but I’m not really a good runner or swimmer”.
Get excited peeps, because there is something for you!
You can enter a team!
- One person swim or kayak then get two other friends to do the bike and run?
- A team of two? One person does two legs and your mate does the other one.
This is the perfect way for people who aren’t that confident, to get a taste of the triathlon.