Fireco can take care of trial evacuations and training for your business or commercial premises.
We provide an ongoing programme of evacuation schedules and reminders to keep your business compliant with current evacuation procedures and laws.
Fire Evacuation Law Changes
On 1 July 2018 the Fire and Emergency New Zealand regulations around fire safety, evacuation procedures, and evacuation schemes changed. Some of these changes include:
- Legal Requirements & Offences
- A new process for reporting fire evacuation drills and a central processing centre
- Criteria for buildings requiring an Evacuation Scheme
- Ability to revoke existing approved schemes
- Changing Evacuation Scheme contacts for notifications
- Requirements for owners and tenants to ensure all occupants are aware of and follow evacuation procedures
- The application process changes and timelines
- Trial evacuations and training programmes
- Changes internal places of safety for those requiring special assistance and new criteria for internal places of safety
- Fire Extinguishers
- Specified Evacuation Notices format compulsory from 1 January 2019